Types of online business that you can begin with
Here are various ways how you can begin to make money online in Uganda with Little or no capital at all
Start A YouTube Channel
Starting a Youtube channel is the simplest way of all and needs no investment. YouTube gets almost 5 billion video views per day which proves its power on the internet.
Felix Kjellberg, the owner of PewDiePie (a YouTube account), has earned 12 million dollars in 2017 from running a single YouTube channel. You too can see such success if you capitalize on the opportunity that YouTube provides us currently. it a great idea for those People who love to create videos, like to talk about specific topics, and shoot documentaries or short films.
Ability to create a video using software tools or record a video using your mobile phone or camcorder.
You can virtually start within minutes. You will just have to visit YouTube.com, create a channel and upload videos.
Create a YouTube channel around a specific theme such as Humor, Tutorial, Recipe, etc. Don’t just go out create any random unrelated videos channel.
For example, if you love gadgets, you can create a gadget reviews channel where you review latest gadgets and help people to decide whether it’s a right choice for them.
- Select a theme in which you are really interested. Analyze other videos related to your topic, see how many views those videos get. It will help you to get an overview of how many people are interested in your theme.
- Generally, the more views a channel has the more beneficial the theme is, as more people are searching for it.
- Check out if there’s any concept missing in the currently existing videos related to your theme.
You can cover these concepts in your videos to get more views. 5. Give your best to engage with your audience. Study the comments you get on your videos, learn the hidden expectations that your audience has from you.
- Try to find out what they like about your videos and what they don’t. Study which videos get the highest retention rate and find the reasons behind them.
- Spy on your competitors and try to model the things that are working for them. But never try to copy them, always maintain your uniqueness.
- Always try to improvise each new video from the last one. When you look at your first videos after few years, you should think how you were earlier.
That’s a good sign, as it shows that you have improved.
Experiment, experiment, and experiment. Never fear to try something new and see how it works.
Experimenting is the only way where you can find new and exciting stuff which can catapult you way ahead of your competitors.
Finally, try to collaborate with other YouTuber’s who are doingsimilar work.
Learn their strategies and mindset. Working together can do wonders to your channel.
Have fun. Do the things that you love and are passionate about!
How To Monetize –
The general rule for monetization on YouTube is straightforward. The more views your videos get, the more money you’ll earn. You’ll have to enable the monetize option in your YouTube channel settings. It’s very simple.
2. Start A Blog
Being a blogger is one of the easiest ways to earn money from home. Unlike any other job, if you are blogging from home, you don’t need to work 9-5.
You can work at any time of the day with ease. But beware blogging takes time before it starts making money for you.
Therefore, jump into this field slowly. If you have a day job, don’t quit it. Start part-time with your blog.
Once it is on the stage where it is earning you more than your comfortable limits, then it’s the best time to turn into full-time blogging mode.
Suitable For – People who love to write and would like to share their knowledge and expertise with the world.
Skills Required – Ability to express knowledge in writing with simpler yet efficient way.
Time Required For Starting A Blog –
The time required depends upon your level of expertise. If you are an expert you can easily start a blog within few hours. For a complete beginner, a day or two would be sufficient.
- Start a blog about something in which you are really good at. For example, if you love traveling and you have visited a lot of places then start a travel blog.
- Always try to limit your blog to a particular domain. Don’t put content on multiple domains in one blog.
For example, don’t write about recipe tips on a fashion blog. Keep your blog specific to one domain only.
- Leverage your experience and expertise and try to create aunique content. Try to give a lot of value to your readers. Write about something that will make a difference in your reader’s’ life.
- Listen to the readers of your blog. Try to solve the problems they are facing. Always reply to their comments. Make them feel better. 5. Be committed to your blog. A blog is like a relationship. Give it some love, and it will flourish – ignore it, and it will slowly die off. There’s no point in being half-hearted in your blogging efforts – if you don’t care about it, why should anyone else?
- Think about content, style, the tone of voice, audience, etc. Look at the people who are already doing what you’re planning to do.
Ask yourself the following questions:
How will I stand out from the crowd?
What can I say that hasn’t already been said What’s my unique selling point? Why do I want to do this?
- Be professional in the way you handle and grow your blog. Don’t criticize other brands, bloggers or people. Remember what goes around comes around.
- Be open-minded and willing to collaborate with other creative content creators. You’ll meet some fantastic and inspiring people.
How To Monetize –
You can monetize your blog by recommending products or services related to your blog’s topic either by writing an informative article or placing banner ads on your blog’s relevant pages. You can earn good commissions when a person buys a product recommended by you.
Another way is to place Google Adsense ads on your blog. The more people click on your ads the more money you will make.
Do Affiliate Marketing
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards a certain percentage of commission for a product bought by customers who are brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.
Suitable For – People who love to talk, write, explain and have the ability to persuade.
Skills Required –Ability to promote a product online using social media, videos, ads, etc.
Time Required For Starting Affiliate Marketing –
Virtually within an hour. You just need to select an online product that pays a commission when you promote and sell it using your affiliate link.
- Select an online product from a domain in which you are well familiar with. For example, if you are a dietician then select a product related to diet.
There are lots of products available in every domain, you just need to focus on which domain is suitable for you.
- Places to find products: Clickbank.com, Shareasale.com, Jvzoo.com. These websites have thousands of products listed within multiple domains.
- Choose a product that pays you at least 50% commission on each sale.
- Most product websites handle affiliate link generation and pay outs so you don’t need to worry about how you’ll get your commissions. Just get your custom affiliate link created by the vendor and start promoting it.
- If you want to earn instant money from affiliate marketing, try to promote your affiliate link on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Stumble Upon, and Reddit.
How To Monetize –
Monetization is simple, just drive the number of people buying the product through your affiliate link. Create a Facebook page or Banner ads about the product.
Tell people how the product will help them to solve their problems. Improve people’s knowledge about the domain and help them to solve other related problems.
Create Niche Websites
What is a Niche Website?
A Niche Website is a small website focused on one particular topic which shares all the information relevant to the topic that is both useful and interesting for the target audience.
A niche website can consist of few pages or even hundreds of pages depending on the size of the niche. Suitable For –
People who have an interest in a very specific topic within a large domain.
For example, in large a domain like Yoga, you can choose specific sub-domain such as ‘Yoga to lose weight.’
People who love to talk, write, explain and have the ability top ersuade.
Skills Required –
- Ability to create Niche website based on specific sub-domain using WordPress, Blogger or other available software and tools.
- Ability to promote the website using social media, ads etc.
Time Required For Starting A Niche Website –
You can start a Niche Website within a day, but creating good content for the website might take time. Tips –
- Write out as many niche site ideas as you can, using the subdomain that interests you the most.
- Narrow down your niche idea based on finding the answers to the following questions:
What is the audience size of your niche?
Is your audience known for spending money on purchasing the niche related products?
Are there multiple products available which you review on your site?
Are there affiliate programs that provide more than 50% commissions?
What is your investment budget?
- Create at least 10 articles of rich content with minimum 1000 words that will provide value to your niche target audience.
- Sign up for at least 2 affiliate programs that offer products related to your niche with more than 50% commissions.
- Do keyword research and find at least 15-20 niche relevant search terms and try to rank your site for them.
- Try to network with the owners of the authority blogs in your niche and find guest blogging opportunities.
How To Monetize –
Promote the products relevant to the topic of your niche website by placing affiliate links in the content and sidebar of your site. Try to get more visitors to your site by doing SEO, forum marketing, social media and paid ads. The more people visit your niche site and buy products through your affiliate link, the more money you make. How about creating 10 more Niche Websites with every site generating $500 a month in affiliate commission, resulting in $5000 of passive income per month?
5. Publish A Kindle eBook
Publishing a Kindle eBook is another simple way of generating consistent passive income for a lifetime.
Did you know that Amazon.com is the biggest competitor to Google than any other search engine like Yahoo or Bing?
More shoppers try to search for a product on Amazon than on any traditional search engine.
When people want in-depth information on a specific topic, they don’t search for blog posts on Google but instead, try to find a highly recommended book on Amazon.
Your aim should be to leverage the power of Amazon.com’s growing outreach and popularity to generate a stable passive income source.
Suitable For –People who have in-depth knowledge of a certain topic or love to do research and explain it in an easy to understand way.
Skills Required –
- Ability to provide detailed insights on a particular topic.
- Ability to provide some extraordinary tips for solving people’s problems.
Time Required For Creating An eBook –
The time required completely depends on the creator of the eBook. What topics he/she wants to cover? How many details does the creator want to include?
These are the important factors that define the time required.
- Research, research, and research. It is the key to successfulKindle eBook product. Research about what people are looking for in the domain related to your eBook’s topic.
For example, if you are creating an eBook on ‘Yoga to lose weight’, look for how many people are looking for yoga exercises to lose weight on the internet and Amazon? What are their expectations from a book?
You can easily conduct this research by studying the comments, reviews, and popularity of the existing competitor’s books on Amazon.
- Write for one reader. When you know your ideal reader, you knowhow much he/she already knows. You can avoid boring him/her with obvious information, and you can provide exactly the information he/she’s looking for.
- Check out how many people are asking questions on the topic you have chosen, using websites such as Quora, Yahoo Answers, and WikiAnswers. More questions mean more people are looking for answers which is a good sign.
- Look out for the market gaps in your selected domain. See whether there’s demand for some topic and if your eBook can cater to that demand.
- Visit Amazon.com and see how many books are present on your selected domain. Are people buying those books? This will help you to understand the demand and purchasing ability of the market in your domain.
- Find a few friendly readers who match your ideal reader profile and give them your first draft. Not only will they help make your book better, it will also boost your confidence.
How To Monetize –
Sign up to Kindle Direct Publishing Program
(https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/), with this you gain exclusive distribution rights for your Kindle eBook on Amazon.
This will allow you to sell your eBook in all the countries where Amazon.com is available giving it a massive exposure at launch. Create a small niche site on the related topic and promote your eBook through it. The more eBooks you sell the more money you make.
Create A Membership Site
What is a Membership Site?
A membership site is a private website, with exclusive content available only to registered members.
It usually provides members with the ability to interact with each other. They pay a monthly fee for being a member of the website.
Suitable For –People who like to interact with, guide and lead a community.
Skills Required –
- In-depth knowledge of any particular domain.
- Ability to research new things and constantly generate new and helpful content.
Time Required For Creating A Membership site –
Depends on the domain expertise of the creator.
- In the beginning, keep the fee for joining the membership site ridiculously low. Aim to create a minimum viable product instead of creating a perfect product. You can always improve your site in later stages.
- If you’ve never been a part of any membership site until now, consider joining a few related to your domain. Study those sites. 3. Find what’s working well for you and other members of that site. What’s makes it worth the monthly fee and how could you replicate this?
- Interact and engage with members. Your membership site shouldn’t be one that only delivers the content, with little or no input from the community.
You must provide insider access for your members who want to communicate with you. Even if you’re busy, you must spend at least half an hour a day to get involved with your members.
You can do this in many ways, such as answering questions or even lead an interaction inside the forum.
- Run group events and challenges to increase members’ engagement with your site. Organize regular events, challenges, or similar.
Make it easy for members to participate. Offer prizes, display leaderboards or similar things to create a great incentive for members to participate and get involved.
- Periodically review what’s working and what isn’t. Try to adapt the site based on the member’s needs.
For example, if you offer most of your content in text format but your members are engaging more with the video content, then shift from text-based to video content.
- Try to introduce new initiatives and see how your audience is responding to it. Q&A calls or similar are a great opportunity. But be careful not to overwhelm members with several different initiatives at once. Introduce one thing at a time.
How to Monetize –
Monetization is very simple. The more members sign up for your website the more income you generate from the monthly fees that they pay.
Sell Websites On Flippa
What is Flippa.com?
Flippa.com is an online marketplace for selling and buying websites. Suitable For – People who like to develop websites.
Skills Required –
In-depth knowledge of the WordPress platform and in website creation.
Time Required For Creating A Website –
Depends on the expertise of the developer in website creation. Tips –
- Choose a topic you are passionate about. You need to bepassionate about the subject your website focuses on. If you launch a website about something that you don’t care about, you will lose interest very quickly and inevitably stop working on it.
- Think about your long-term business model. To make your website successful you should do a lot of research beforehand.
Try to find the answers to the following questions:
- Choose a domain name that is relevant to your topic and appeals to your target audience.
A good domain name is an essential part of branding your blog. Choose a .COM as your domain extension because it looks more professional.
- Choose a reliable paid host like Hostgator, Bluehost or any other provider that might suit your needs.
- You need to make your website’s design and layout look veryprofessional. Believe it or not but first-time visitors will make a judgment about your blog within first 10 seconds of loading, so you need to make sure that your website’s design appeals to them and they like it.
How To Monetize –
1. Sign up and register your website on Flippa.com. Flippa works on bidding model, the highest bidder gets the ownership of the website. 2. Set the bid price of your website 10 times greater than the current monthly income of your site. For example, if your site is earning $500 per month then you can set the basic selling bid price of your site to at least $5000.
- Start the auction and wait for bids. People will start bidding topurchase your site. Once you receive the bid that satisfies your target selling price, you can finalize the deal with the bidder.
- Flippa will manage all the payment and other technical stuff foryou and you’ll receive your commissions via your selected payment method.
Sell A Video Course On Udemy
What is Udemy.com?
You can create a course in the text, audio, and video formats. Every course is available on demand and students can learn at their own pace, schedule and on any device.
Suitable For – People who like to teach, explain and solve problems.
Skills Required –
- In-depth knowledge of any domain of your choice.
- Ability to express knowledge in an easy understandable format.
- Ability to create and record high-quality videos.
Time Required For Creating A Video Course –
Depends on the scope of the course, as the number of modules included and the respective time required for preparation varies. Tips –
- Pick a topic in which you are specialized in. Study the coursesrelevant to your topic and see how many people are interested and have actually enrolled in the courses.
- This will give you a rough understanding of the people who areinterested in your topic and are willing to invest in your course.
- Study other available courses and find out the things which youcan offer that will make your course more valuable and different than other available courses.
- Identify your audience level and then create the course content.For example, you need to first decide whether your course is for a beginner level or expert level audience.
Then accordingly you need to create your course content which appeals to the right audience.
- Make sure your course title and description is optimized to appealyour target audience. Try to answer the frequent questions that your audience asks in your course description.
- Deliver at least 80% of your course in video format as it is themost engaging way of interaction. Also, keep the length of each video lesson between 2-10 minutes.
- Build a rapport with the audience, and engage. You can always doquizzes between lectures to make it engaging and interactive.
How To Monetize –
- Udemy gets a lot of daily visitors so there is a good chance thatyour course will get noticed so that people enroll. You will gain a great profit for each member joining your course.
- You can even start a small blog on your course-related topics andpromote your course.
- The more people sign up for your course, the more money youmake.
9. Sell A Service On Fiverr
What is Fiverr.com?
Fiverr.com is a global online marketplace which offers tasks, services, and products, starting at a cost of $5 (hence the name). Fiverr gets almost 4.7 million visits per month. Your aim should be to leverage Fiverr’s powerful visitor base to reach more people and sell your services or products to them.
Every service or task you offer on Fiverr is called a GIG. With Fiverr’s heavy of visitor base, you don’t need to worry about your gig’s promotion and payment handling as Fiverr handles this for you. All you need to do is focus on delivering high-quality work to maintain your ratings, as ratings given by your customers will have a huge impact on the failure or success of your gig.
People offer a diverse variety of services on Fiverr which ranges from Graphics and Design, Digital Marketing, Music and Audio, Advertising to anything you can practically think of.
Remember you can sell your gig at any price, $5 is just the minimum price.
Top Fiverr gig sellers make over $50,000 a year by leveraging the platform and providing high-quality services. Suitable For –
- People who love to help others by making their life easier.
- People who love the freedom to work on what they really like.Skills Required –
People with in-depth skills in any particular area, with which they can help other people to complete their tasks or ease their life.
Time Required For Creating A Gig On Fiverr –
You can create a Gig on Fiverr almost within an hour. All you need to do is first sign up on Fiverr.
While creating a gig you have to insert your gig’s title, upload an image, write a description and insert relevant tags and keywords.
- Find your best skills – The first thing you need to do is sit down quietly and figure out the skills in which you are the strongest. Stick to tasks related to them until you see some success and build a reputation.
For e.g. if you are a person who can design logos and websites, then you should create and sell those gigs in Fiverr that are focused on logo creation and web designing.
- Do your initial homework – Before diving into gig creation you must do some research to ensure that the gig you are planning to offer has interested buyers. What if you have a wonderful gig idea, but it wouldn’t sell? To avoid such situation you must undertake necessary research to understand what buyers in your niche are looking for.